Saturday, January 14, 2012

And yet another preview of Code Duello!

Another page from Code Duello from the anthology District Comics coming from Fulcrum Publishing sometime this summer. Words by my brother Kevin Rawlings and the art is by me of course.
 
Fun fact: My brother, Kevin, who wrote story had never written for the comics medium before so when he sent me his story it was 21 pages of solid prose. 
I pared that down with the aid of Matt Dembicki, who is editing the book, into a more manageable script  This particular page was tough though in what to extract and what to leave in as a lot of the historical background in this page was important to the rest of the story. but I needed some room for the visuals. This was comic after all and not a prose story with spot illustrations.  Anyway, I really like the design of the page without the text.


No comments:

Post a Comment