Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Seeing Stories: the exhibition

As mentioned a few days ago, my double page spread from Colonial Comics is on display in this exhibition in the Sheehan Gallery in Whitman College in Walla Walla from Sept 1 to Dec 11. To have my art on display with artists such as Alison Bechdel, Craig Thompson, Joe Sacco, Chris Ware, Shimura Takako, Regis Loisel & Jean-Louis Tripp, David Mazzuchelli, R. Crumb, and Matt Kindt is humbling indeed. Colonial Comics has its own alcove showcasing art from all the stories in the first volume and Colonial Comics editor Jason Rodriguez will be delivering a lecture there November 14. If any of my friends are close to Walla Walla and can make a visit to the gallery, I would absolutely love a few photos or video for posterity's sake. I would love to draw something for you for your effort!



The schedule of the lectures that are part of the exhibition is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment