Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Until the end of the world....

As I mentioned a couple of posts below, Magic Bullet #5 is now on the streets of DC and I have a comic strip in it. This issue had a theme of the end of the world to coincide with the 2012 Mayan calendar prophecy. My strip involved a conversation between two young men who spend the time shooting zombies via sniper rifles as they are comfortably perched on rooftops discussing how much they are enjoying their new lives.
 
 
 On a crazy coincidental note, I finished this strip literally the morning before James Holmes went on his shooting spree inside a darkened movie theater in Aurora, Co during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Initially I was going to draw one of the snipers in a Batman t-shirt as I was excited at the prospect of catching the midnight show hours after finishing that strip. Also, my daughter is named Aurora. Like I said, it was a totally crazy coincidence.

As always, Magic Bullet is FREE. This issue has 56 pages, 10 of which are in color! Look for it in the DC area and if you see a copy, be sure to grab one!

No comments:

Post a Comment